Monday, April 2, 2012

Being an INFJ

Time to beat a dead horse... Then put it to rest.So a while ago A dear friend of mine convinced me to take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test. While I trust her judgement (sometimes more than mine), I just didn't want to take it. I had thought it was just a silly internet quiz. Wrong.I wish people would take it more seriously, but it seems the more prevalent personality types wouldn't really care. Its no doubt that my friends and I are rarities. So we take it differently seeing as we have exhausted ourselves in the past trying to defend our ways. This this right here puts us on a spectrum explainable to everyone. From simple to complex... here we are. Explained



At first its almost insulting being laid out for everyone to see. You may find things about yourself that no one else should really know. Especially not a scientific rap sheet. Each type is a spectrum, not every single thing applies... but hits all of the key points and get under your skin. I cried being part of only 1%... It felt as if I would perpetually be lonely, but My friend who is a completely different personality type is right there with me at 1-3% of the population . We found each other... in small town  Ohio. 


It has changed how i perceive the world, and how i interact with it. 


INFJs grow up feeling “different” from their peers. The more pronounced their Introversion and Intuition, the more estranged they are likely to feel. Because of their keen perceptiveness, INFJs are rarely fooled by facades or fakery.
 They can readily see beyond appearances and apprehend an individual’s deeper motives and intentions, including any underlying ego issues. In fact, INFJs can often see the truth about people more clearly than those people can see it in themselves.
They are usually extremely intuitive individuals, who will have no patience for anyone they feel is dishonest or corrupt. They'll have no interest in being around these kinds of people.
 INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates." While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others, at intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves, sometimes shutting out even their intimates.


 So much information. It goes on and on really.all in all it has triggered an existential awakening.  I have typed  a "Who am I?" type of entry what seems like a dozen times. I will never fully reveal myself to anyone other than my intimate circle, and thats ok. I care about how people perceive me. I have always known I was right, rare, intuitive, and awesome
Being an INFJ means I have a hard time getting over things, i have a hard time sharing, i am harder on my self than anyone person will realize, the weight of the world is always on my shoulders, i am creative and logical, i am charming, I am the voice of reason, i know bullshit when i hear it, i prefer a few friends rather than alot of people and I am prone to physical illness under great duress.

Take the test. Do the research. Learn. 
It can change how you interact with the world!
and if your an INFJ for Christs sake email me...

No comments:

Post a Comment