Thursday, April 26, 2012

Subconscious Inspiration

Yesterday I truly realized that a lot of my artistic inspiration comes from subconscious observations.

My awesome little gnome brought all of this about. I was watching some DVR recordings of The Big Bang Theory. During The Friendship Algorithm Episode I began to draw the little guy. I don't have a particular fascination with gnomes, in fact this is the first rendering I've ever done of a gnome. Though happy little fantasy characters are not far from my wheelhouse so I didn't think much of it.

 Later when my husband was watching the same episode I noticed a book in the background (of a bookstore scene no less) with the front and back views of a gnome that look suspiciously like my gnome. I had begun drawing after that scene.
Can you find the gnome book?
Bazinga. 

It is incredibly indicative of me to notice what is in the background rather than the subject matter at hand.

It truly is a great breakthrough for me. A forward momentum with my art. A realization that I may need to let inspiration come to me. Trust myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment