Monday, April 23, 2012

Balance

I have always consciously tried to achieve balance in my life.
Sometimes I need help, and as of late that help included pharmaceutical intervention. I put it off for as long as I could.
For now we will call it postpartum  depression. My mood swings were out of control.  Life is good, I really had no reason to be sad. So drugs it is.

I am currently on day 4 of  celexa. The drugs are cumulative so I wont notice any effects for close to another week. I have no appetite which clears up the worry that anti-depressants would slow down my weight-loss.

I'm still struggling with the thought of anti-depressants. I dont like the idea of needing a pill to make me feel human. I should be able to adjust my own attitude. On the other hand I have never before been this down for this long before, I have always been able to pick myself up.

We will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment