Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wen

I was having a chat with my little bird rescue the other day. Quite literally, I spent a few minutes mimicking the "wen" sound it makes. It was cute the little thing got all excited and followed me around. I love birds.
 The entire time Rob was watching me, with a giant goofy smile on his face. :"This is why I love you"
    He gets the same smile on his face when we buy baby stuff. Sometimes its just nice to hear him say it out loud.

I am difficult. I know it. I've apologized before for not being easier to deal with, but its deeply ingrained. My likes and interests change drastically and I really can't control it. I dive into things as quickly as I dive out of them. I guess nothing keeps me entertained for long. The things that do stick, stick forever it seems. I integrate them into part of my being. Don't get me wrong, I love me. I didn't realize that I could be too much until I was on my own for a while.
 
I guess I limited my social interaction to weirdos, geeks, and nerds. Like attracts like. I have to admit I loved going to convention, a lot of those people were innocently uninhibited or ridiculously egotistical. Makes for fun one way or another. Still I never had to explain myself, or defend my interests rather, until I spent time alone. I attempted to expand my social interactions. I felt like an animal at the zoo. I was OK behind the glass, in pictures, but out in the open I was a threat. A threat to what? I don't know. I really don't. At that rate I'm really glad I don't understand.

You have to be a special kind of crazy to deal with me. I like it that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment