Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Domestically schizo

Lately I have been taking stock of everything in my house, for no particular reason. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
   While I find myself being much more domestic than I'm used to, a part of me is also pulling the other way. I like to clean, and cook, and coupon. I like to knit and sew and bake. I love making original things for my home. At the same time i have intense desires to do things that are unconventional. I have drafted plans to construct a lighted tree built into the dining room wall. I need a giant cephalpod mural, and I still will have multi colored hair.
It seems for everything domestic I enjoy I have something equally unconventional that I enjoy. It hasnt affected my daily life yet, but then again I'm not a mom yet.
  I still have to make it a point to let being a mom be a part of me but not completely define me. I think thats important not only for me but for my child...
 There is so much i want to do to this house. I don't know if it is even worth it. Can I stand being this far from my family? Ugh. I have no attention span right now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment