Monday, January 24, 2011

Consistency

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative. - Oscar Wilde


This quote makes me feel a bit less... schizo. I have a hard time understanding routine. I tend to do things in a timely manner but with no semblance of routine or structure. In fact getting into a routine is synonymous with getting in a rut in my eyes. 


I don't understand how some people can eat the exact same thing everyday. I understand that some people don't have a choice or control over their food options due to their level of need or dysfunction. I'm speaking of adults making a conscious decision to eat , for example, a can of ravioli  EVERYDAY for lunch.   Where is the fun in that?  


I suppose some people find control and solace in a daily routine. I , however, cannot go more than a few months without re-arranging my furniture. Which, I know, speaks poorly of my attention span and possibly even my reliability. I cannot stand repeating myself or my actions. It is possibly the quickest way to put me into a violent state.  The only way repetition finds a positive place in my life is in art and crafting. 


I can dot for hours, make dozens of dreads, or sew squares together for hours. Which truly doesn't make much sense. Those actions are far more tedious than a structured menu or daily routine. I think it may be be cause there is a technique behind those tedious arts and artisan crafts, a perfection that can be measured by a trained eye. Perfection in life is boring.


Maybe Thats it.  I just get bored, lord knows I am incredibly impatient. 
   
If you want to see an amazing artist, who understand alot of what I am saying. Check her out here http://ckaramol.blogspot.com/2011/01/im-not-hiding.html
Her gallery and musings are here or linked here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment